Cobalt City Timeslip is marching towards the finish line. While we’re not quite in Victory Lap mode, we’re not in Bataan Death March mode either. Timid Pirate Publishing had a big meeting last week and took a look at what’s done, what NEEDS to be done, and what needs to happen to get those things done. The list was far less daunting than I had feared. Here’s the blow-by-blow for the little publisher that could.
- Press releases have gone out to a great number of places on my list, and review copies have been sent out to 3 places. I hear we’ll be seeing one review coming in this weekend, which is early enough we might be able to use a blurb on the book and promotional materials.
- An ISBN has been purchased for Timeslip, and we already have one for Cobalt City Blues and Greetings from Buena Rosa. We’re on track to re-release Cobalt City next week and Timeslip on schedule.
- Our official paperwork was finished, which was a big relief.
- A release party/reading is in the works at my favorite local coffee joint. That warrants its own post when everything is confirmed.
- A schedule for re-releases was worked out. We’ll be putting out one book a month, with the final re-print coming out in January 2011.
- Our website was updated to clearly state that while our image and name might be whimsical, it didn’t mean our books are for all age groups. Last thing I want is some grandmother picking up copies of Timeslip or, saints forbid Chanson Noir, for her 12 yr. old grandson…not unless she knows what she’s getting in for.
- Finally, we discussed the next anthology, Biopunk, which just opened for submissions on Wednesday. The ball of publishing rolls ever onward!